- Aunt Annie’s Vegetarian Stew with Tahini Sauce
- 2 vegetable-bouillon cubes.
- 2 Large bunches of Swiss Chard.
- 1&1/2 cup red lentil.
- 1/2 cup of whole wheat bulgur or brown rice.
- 1 can of garbanzo beans.
- 5 cups of water.
In a large saucepan, dissolve the bouillon cubes in 1 cup of water bring to boil and then let it simmer. Wash the swiss chard and cut in large stripes add to the saucepan. Measure and add successively the red lentil, the bulgur and the garbanzo beans. Add 4 cups of water, salt and pepper to taste and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil paste. (Tahini)
- 2 Tablespoon water.
- 2 Teaspoon lemon juice.
In a small cup, place 1 tablespoon of tahini slowly add the water and then the lemon juice while whisking until a smooth emulsion is formed. Drizzle over the stew when serving.